Friday, April 15, 2011

2011-03-29 Tues. Letter excerpts, written March 23/24

Letter Excerpts from Elder Cody Barnes, Written March 23/24, 2011

Today has been quite swell. No, really. It's been pretty rad. My companion doesn't drive me nuts or anything. Everyone is so happy! I can't help comparing this day to what Logan's told me of hist first few days at boot camp, and people keep asking me why I'm chuckling.
We wake up, no, "Arise" and "Prepare for the day" at six tomorrow--
Oh, it's time to "reflect on our experience today and rest". I'll write more tomorrow!

New day! I forgot my Super Special Card that gives me access to food, but they were nice enough to let me run back and get it :-)
All the elders are so full of brotherly love around here O.O So weird.
Oh, first day here I got a migrane! THAT was fun! I've never thrown up so much, 30 minutes of exercise! It's the lights in my classroom that give me migrains!! O.O not cool.
The second day has really helped me fortify my reasons to be out here, and my confidence in my usefulness.
The days really are long like they said it would be. We eat dinner at 4:30, but it still feels like I don't eat till evening! I keep looking out the window, expecting it to be dark and then find out it is only noon.
But the peace here makes it...ZEN. At least so far.

Drawing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment