Wednesday, April 27, 2011

new adventures

We are off to the MTC in the Dominican Republic now.
My companion has never flown before- Oh, and there are nine of us total.

On the flight, a flight attendant confided in me that she had wanted to join
the church as a child, but her grandmother had beat her into submission in
destroyed her book of mormon. We were able to give her a new one in her
native language. I'm getting so much attention! Everyone talks to me, stares
at me. This will take a lot of getting used to...

April 15:

My goodness! How do I explain everything that has happened today?!?
We made it to Santo Domingo.
Everyone is very smiling-like, and kind, and the food is WONDERFUL!
Driving deeper into the D.R. to reach the MTC was an axperience in itself.
There are little to no laws in the road. All of the other elders started the
trip gushing over how beautiful it was and expressing their undiminishing
desire to live here... and halfway through the drive they were all convinced
they were going to be shot :) hahahahahahaha
The weather is ... My weather.

I actually can almost understand everything that is said to me in spanish...
it's not a "cool" language, but I feel I am catching on quickly.
Around noon, our herd of missionaries was enriched by ten more elders from
Haiti. They mostly speak only french, but they try to be nice and work with
us.

And the water was out for most of the day.


April 17: sundays are truly blessed.
I'm becoming better aquainted with the elders from haiti, and they are
proving worthy of their title.   I WISH I SPOKE CREOLE!!

I've developed this strange habit of chewing on everything, and I really
need to stop. I've already eaten three pens, a book, and a small plane (k,
only one of those is true) I fear for my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment