I'M IN PUERTO RICO NOW! My new companion is a zone leader O.O I don't know
if you know what that means, but that's actually pretty intense. I was
warned several times that he was a real "go getter" :P that means someone
who ENJOYS doing what I was planning on doing >.> .... he's really nice and
funny too, and he's not a fanatic, which is REALLY nice. So far it seems
like he's found that perfect balance of hardworking and human.
I'm learning spanish! Haha I found when I'm listening to someone talk to
someone else I can usually understand them almost perfectly, but if they
look me in the eye I go blank :( and I can't really respond very well. But
really, I do that no matter what language you speak to me.
Speaking of languages! Last night I visited a family from cuba, and after
our lession the nice lady gave me this sweet electronic translator thingy!
Very fun :>
UUUMMMMM The people here are much more american, meaning not as willing to
talk to you as the dominicans or hatians, the driving is a LITTLE better
(they drive in lanes here!) but still pretty crazy.
I'll be sending pictures of my house along with all my other ones I've taken
at the Mtcs. Rainy season just started, hurricane season is like... next
week? So it's wet a lot. But it's so hot that it dries really fast. ... It's
actually quite a bit like utah (jumping from rain to blue skies in minutes)
except no snow. AND THE LIZARDS! 8D Skinks and anoles and they say on the
beaches there's iguanas all over, an kokki frogs! I really like kokki frogs,
I like them so much that I will learn how to spell their name someday!
Honestly? It's kinda too much to take in. I think I'll be able to give you a
good lowdown in about a week but right now I'm still in shock.
And I don't mean culture shock, My goodness. I'm growing so fast and
everything just seems laid out for me. My Family, I beg of you to try
looking deeper into this religion. It is a religion of Life, of Freedom, of
Peace. Our culture in Utah is skewed, but this Gospel is perfect.
I love you all. I'll write more next wednesday!
-Elder Barnes
Also, check out last week again...there is a picture sent by the wife of one of the temple presidency. Thanks!
ReplyDelete